Band 5 - £27,390 a year
Eastleigh Borough Council is a high performing, ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
We are looking for a Planning Officer to work in our Housing and Development team who has experience in being the case officer for a wide range of urban and rural development proposals
We are seeking an enthusiastic, motivated and professional planner for this stimulating and varied role who will;
- Positively influence and take forward development proposals in line with the Corporate Plan vision for a sustainable, thriving and healthy Borough
- Be the lead officer on a range of minor pre-application enquiries and planning applications within; town and local centres, countryside, conservation areas: at listed buildings; on watercourses and within areas of international nature conservation importance
- Be looking for opportunity to have exposure to, assist with and lead on small major development proposals
- Contribute to the delivery of the Council’s Housing Delivery programme.
Your work will require you to be a persuasive and clear communicator working with a range of partners and agencies to achieve the best outcomes for the residents of the Borough. In addition, you may be required to attend committee, project boards and be defend the Council’s decision at appeal Hearings.
If you like the sound of this opportunity and have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would be delighted to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 24-27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact Andy Grandfield, Lead Specialist Housing and Development on 023 8068 8267.
Closing date: 29 December 2019
Interview date: 16 and 20 January 2020