Housing and Homelessness Specialist
Full Time (fixed term Maternity Cover)
Band 6 - £30,435 pro-rata
Band 7 - £33,478 pro-rata
(Secondments considered from internal candidates *)
We have two Housing and Homelessness Specialists vacancies and are looking for candidates who can demonstrate significant experience in delivering a comprehensive homelessness and housing advice service in accordance with current legislation and good practice.
Both roles will be accountable for the delivery of the homelessness and housing advice service and applications and allocations through the Hampshire Home Choice housing register, dealing with escalated complex cases and reviews, complaints and MP and Councillor enquiries. The role will also entail the authorisation of housing loan requests and invoices and will therefore need to be confident in assessing affordability and handling finances. Providing guidance and support to other teams within the Council as well as external partners (including Housing Associations, Social Services, Mental Health Services, Police, Probation and support agencies.)
In addition to the responsibilities listed above, the Band 7 post will also include:
- Responsibility for performance monitoring and relevant statistical returns
- Monitoring of contracts with support providers.
- Conducting functional 1:1’s
Candidates will need:
- To be educated to A Level standard/NVQ Level 3 and/or have appropriate demonstrable experience.
- Up-to-date knowledge of homelessness legislation, landlord and tenant law, debt advice and income maximisation and a proven track record in proactive homelessness prevention.
- Excellent communication skills both verbal and written
- Strong financial and IT skills
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you. At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer a good range of benefits and facilities.
- Local Government pension scheme (defined benefits scheme)
- 25 days annual leave, pro-rata
- Flexible working scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Excellent working environment
- Good work life balance
For further information please refer to the attached Person Specification and Job Description. If you would like to have an informal discussion regarding this opportunity please contact Ross McClean, Lead Specialist for Health and Wellbeing, 023 8068 3367 or Louise O’Driscoll, Head of Operations – Specialist Services, 023 8068 8248.
* If you are an internal candidate, and wish to apply for this role as a secondment opportunity you must first seek approval of your line manager.
Closing Date: Wednesday 29 January 2020
Interview Date: Friday 7 February 2020