Salary Band 3, £19,817 per year
Full Time (37 hours), annualised hours contract
Casual hours available
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Duty Manager to join The Arts and Culture Service.
The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry Theatre are looking for an experienced, creative individual to manage their busy evening operations. As Duty Manager you will be passionate about creating excellent customer service for our visitors and will be responsible for the day to day operations of the theatres, box office and bar service.
The ideal candidate will have excellent organisational and time management skills and a proven track record of duty management in a public facing venue. The role will oversee the wellbeing and customer care of visitors and audiences and supervise the theatres' Sales Officers and bar staff.
The ability to liaise with other teams such as Programming and Technical is essential as well as being a confident port of call for visiting companies, producers and artists.
This role is required to work at The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry Theatre in Hedge End as well as occasional external festival locations across Eastleigh Borough.
Hours will involve a changing shift pattern to service our Theatre programmes and will be predominantly evening and weekends.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
To assist the Front of House Manager to ensure the smooth and efficient running of the sales and front of house functions. Be responsible for FOH operations including Health and Safety of building and customers, when the Manager or Management team is absent. This role is required to work across two venues.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- Demonstrable knowledge & experience of supervising Health & Safety and Licensing
- Experience of working in a demanding customer service environment
- Experience of selling merchandise and hospitality
- Ability to stay calm under pressure
- Ability to diffuse difficult situations
- Able to work alone when closing down the building
- First Aid (Desirable)
- Good timekeeping with the ability to work flexible shifts, weekends and evening on a consistent reliable basis
- Experience of working with cash and credit card sales and with sales targets
- Ability to use ticketing/event management systems (desirable)
- Retail experience (desirable)
- Organised with efficient administrative skills and ability to establish and maintain effective systems and processes
- Excellent communication skills
- Experience in Venue Management preferably in a theatre Front of House environment
- Experience of motivating a team
- Evidence of business acumen and in particular commercial understanding and experience of income generation
The following is desirable experience:
- Knowledge of The Point and The Berry Theatre, and their Arts and Culture programme (desirable)
- Interest in the arts
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 22-27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
For an informal discussion please contact Louisa Milburn, Louisa.Milburn@eastleigh.gov.uk 023 8062 7822.
Closing date: 17 January 2020
Interview dates: 23/24 January 2020