Creative Young Peoples Producer
Salary Band 4 - £22,700
37 hours per week
Job share considered
Evening and weekend working occasionally required
The Point and Berry Theatre are looking for a passionate and dynamic Creative Young People’s Producer to drive all aspects of youth engagement managing both the Point and Berry Youth Theatres and Point Youth Dance and using them as a springboard to develop a vibrant offer for young people at both venues and reaching into the Borough to recruit as diverse and widespread engagement as possible.
This role will develop all of the youth focused talent programmes and will be skilled at balancing both an inclusive approach with striving for excellence and high quality. Responsible for securing, planning and managing a portfolio of artist-led creative engagement projects, this person will be leading a pool of freelance artists and practitioners to deliver an exciting programme for young people in the Borough. As a key member of the team, this role will collaborate widely with both the Creative Education and Projects Producers to reach more young people and engage them in the venues’ programmes.
This person will have a passion for youth engagement and a proven track record of enabling and facilitating young people in the arts.
This role will requires energy, enthusiasm and innovative approach to developing relevant projects for young people in relation to society and the contemporary performance programmes at both venues. They will need to be skilled at planning, resourcing, delivering and monitoring and evaluating impact.
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
Develop a challenging and innovative Young Peoples creative programme in line with the Arts and Culture strategy for the Borough whilst developing networks to enable resilience and sustainability for the resulting programme of activity.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- Practical knowledge and experience of developing dance or theatre or other art form projects and programmes that engage young people from 0-19 years
- Excellent project management skills including budgeting and freelance staff management.
- Experience of producing high quality artistic projects with young people from diverse backgrounds.
- Experience of collaborative working
- Experience of working with a variety of industry and community stakeholders
- Experience of project based fundraising and income generating activities
- Good written and verbal communication skills with some experience in customer service.
- Experience of directing or production/event management
- Excellent knowledge of safeguarding and child protection practises
- Practical knowledge of facilitating theatre or dance sessions would be an advantage
We are keen to hear from candidates who can exhibit the following skills and qualities:
- Passionate about the arts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Forward thinking
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 24 – 27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
Closing date: 3 October 2019
Interview dates: 17 October 2019