Creative Projects Producer
Salary Band 4 - £22,700
37 hours per week
Job share considered
Evening and weekend working occasionally required
The Point and Berry Theatres are looking for a dynamic Creative Projects Producer who has at least 2 years’ experience in designing and delivering arts driven programmes. This person will need to seek out opportunities to develop and deliver inspirational arts projects working with external stakeholders and diverse participants in the community and the Borough of Eastleigh, as well as manage projects and programmes based at The Point.
Responsible for securing, planning and managing a portfolio of artist-led creative engagement projects, this person will be leading a pool of freelance artists and practitioners to deliver a wide and diverse portfolio which could comprise of youth projects, older peoples work, disability projects, criminal justice projects and health related programmes. The role will require experience of securing funding from multiple sources as well as a detailed approach to managing budgets.
This role will require a persuasive and tenacious approach and will need to have confidence and flair in advocating the benefits of arts engagement more widely in relation to a busy contemporary performance programme in both venues.
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community. We are constantly evolving and we have just completed a major transformation programme that has changed the way we work to ensure a smarter and more efficient approach to service delivery.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
Develop a challenging and risk taking Community-focussed creative programme in line with the Arts and Culture strategy for the Borough whilst developing networks to enable resilience and sustainability for the resulting programme of activity.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- At least 2 years professional experience in a comparable role
- A thorough and considered understanding of the context of the work and the impact of arts in the community and its ability to contribute to social regeneration and inclusion, health and wellbeing and economic regeneration
- Experience of initiating and leading creative participation projects and programmes in response to community needs, requirements and consultation
- Experience of managing freelance staff for creative projects
- Experience of shaping projects with artistic partners and other stakeholders
- Excellent Project management skills including budget management
- Experience of securing funding from multiple sources for arts projects including negotiating for sponsorship and applying to trusts and foundations
- Experience of marketing and communications
We are keen to hear from candidates who can exhibit the following skills and qualities:
- Passionate about the arts
- Excellent attention to detail
- Forward thinking
- Adaptability and flexibility
- Excellent communicator and collaborator
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 24 - 27 days annual leave dependant on service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
Closing date: 3 October 2019
Interview dates: 17 October 2019