Benefits Support Officer
Salary £36,528 - £39,567 – Band 8
Full time Permanent
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council and we are recognised for our innovation and achievements, whilst delivering high quality service to our customers and the community.
We are looking to recruit a suitably qualified and experienced Benefits Support Officer.
Areas of responsibility will focus primarily around Housing Benefit/Council Tax Support legislation and administration, Housing Benefit and Council Tax appeals and Discretionary Housing payments. The post holder will be required to check claims for accuracy, lead on the preparation and reconciliation of Benefit subsidy returns and financial balancing.
Another significant part of this role is to coordinate and lead on the configuration and maintenance of benefits software and associated document management systems. In-depth knowledge and experience of these areas is essential.
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development and support our staff in maintaining a good work life balance through our innovative flexi time system. We also have excellent package of benefits including:
- 25-28 days annual leave dependant on service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements, pro rata for part time)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Good work life balance
For further information please refer to the job description.
Closing date: 17 May 2019
Interview date: 30 May 2019