Salary £27,390 - £29,918 per annum depending on experience
37 hours per week (we will consider full time, job share or flexible working)
EASTLEIGH BOROUGH COUNCIL – IMPROVING COMMUNITIES & SUPPORTING LIVES
Do you want to make a difference?
A fantastic opportunity has arisen for an Assistant Accountant to join our team. Here at Eastleigh we are committed to making a positive difference for all the residents, businesses and visitors to Eastleigh and we are proud to be delivering on our promise to create sustainable communities and increase employment & wellbeing opportunities for all. Having a solid and sustainable finance strategy is key to achieving this goal. So, if you’re looking for your next step on the career ladder and you want to be part of a team that really does make a difference to people’s lives, then this opportunity is for you.
Your new role
We are looking for a professional and motivated Assistant Accountant to join our Finance team. You will work with a team of Accountants and finance professionals to support the Council’s successful finance function. Your activities will include:
- Assisting the Senior Accountant with Cash Flow and Treasury Management duties, including arranging loans.
- Assisting with the monitoring of the Council’s capital programme, and maintaining Key Performance Indicators.
- Acting as a point of contact to support the budget holders with commercial business, capital and investment proposals.
- Driving efficiencies and cost savings where possible.
We are a busy and friendly team of 8 so you will need to be resilient, adaptable and enjoy being part of a great team. If you can learn new systems quickly, work diligently and help to deliver a successful service then we can offer support and training to enable you to work to your full potential.
You will have experience of providing a sound financial and accounting service, ideally within a local government setting, although this is not essential. You will be confident in working independently and be able to provide assurance and inspire confidence across the organisation. Willingness to train towards an accounting qualification is desirable.
You will be comfortable to challenge current ways of working, and be willing to embrace new ways of working, and join the team in looking to achieve value for money in the Public Sector.
Proficient, professional and confident, together with an inclusive and helpful approach, you will assist with key financial processes within the Finance team ensuring high levels of service are maintained.
In return you will be working with a great team and an organisation that is truly committed to a flexible, inclusive and enjoyable work environment. We are passionate about personal and professional development for all staff, offering exceptional conditions of employment, plus the chance to make a lasting difference to the community of Eastleigh.
Our benefits include:
- Up to 25 days annual leave, rising to 28 days after five years’ service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Car and Season Ticket loans
- Excellent working environment
- Support for continuous professional development
- Study support
- Good work life balance
If you have the skills, experience and motivation we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like an informal discussion about this role please contact Tom Andrews, by email email@example.com.
To apply please send your application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 26 January 2020
Interview date: 3 February 2020