6 month FTC - 37 hours a week
Do you want to make a difference?
Here at Eastleigh Borough Council we are committed to making a positive difference for all the residents, businesses and visitors to Eastleigh, and we are proud to be delivering on our promise to create sustainable and healthy communities and increase employment and wellbeing opportunities for all. The role of The HR team, includes a proactive approach, supporting colleagues across the Council and creating the right environment, so everyone can do their best to achieve corporate and personal goals. To help us achieve our ambitious HR Strategy, we are looking for a motivated, innovative and experienced Recruitment and Retention Specialist to join our team.
We are looking for a driven and enthusiastic individual with a solid foundation of Recruitment and Retention knowledge and experience. You will work within a small HR team, reporting to the HR Lead, delivering specialist recruitment and retention advice and support to managers on all stages of the employee life cycle: recruitment, onboarding, orientation, career planning, career development and transition.
In this interesting and varied role, you will build on and utilise your network of industry professionals and employment agencies to expand the council’s talent pool and work collaboratively with line managers to implement organisational change within their departments. An integral part of this role will be developing strategies to retain a strong workforce whilst pioneering Eastleigh Borough Council as an employer of choice in the community.
Some of your activities will include:
- Work with colleagues to define and implement the council’s recruitment and retention strategy
- Assist in the research and development of opportunities to recruit, retain, and promote a culturally diverse workforce
- Draft, update, classify and reclassify job descriptions for existing and new positions
- Assist with the advertising and promotion of employment opportunities to the internal and external community and coordinate recruiting and hiring functions via social media and other innovative, appropriate platforms
- Networking with industry professionals and employment agencies
- Assist managers with interviews, developing banks of interview questions and advising on other testing techniques
- Attend job fairs and other events to expand the Council’s talent pool
- Work with the Resource Manager to assess and plan developmental opportunities for employees including succession planning and career development
- Conduct exit interviews and analyse statistics in assisting towards the goal of strengthening employee retention strategies
- Assist in the corporate analysis of skills, identification of gaps and appropriate actions
- Produce and deliver effective recruitment skills training to new and existing managers
We are a high-paced, enthusiastic team, looking for someone who will be a good fit to our employee culture. You will need to be adaptable, resilient and self-motivated. If you have great customer service experience, can learn processes quickly and enjoy being “hands on”, we would love to hear from you.
This position is ideal for an experienced Recruitment and Retention Specialist who is capable of working on their own initiative as well as supporting wider departments. Bringing knowledge, passion and innovation to the role, you will be able to quickly assimilate information, build effective working relationships and be very organised with excellent attention to detail. You must have a thorough understanding of equal opportunities employment and recruitment experience.
You will need strong IT skills and excellent communication skills, together with a high degree of personal organisation and the ability to multi-task and manage multiple initiatives.
You will be educated to A’ level / relevant qualification and a minimum of two years’ experience in an employee recruitment and retention position. You will be CIPD qualified or studying towards your qualification.
In return you will be working with a great team in an organisation that is truly committed to a flexible, inclusive and enjoyable working environment. We are passionate about personal and professional development for all staff, offering exceptional conditions of employment, plus the chance to make a lasting difference to the community of Eastleigh.
Our benefits include:
- 24-27 days annual leave depending on continuous service
- Flexible working arrangements and ability to accrue up to 2 days additional flexi leave per month (subject to operational requirements – pro rata for part time staff)
- Defined Benefit Pension Scheme
- Places Leisure, Eastleigh – 30% off Full Membership
- Confidential Employee Advice and Support Programme
- Excellent working environment
If you have the skills, experience and motivation we are looking for, we would love to hear from you.
If you would like to arrange an informal discussion about this role please contact Sukhi Aujla, by email email@example.com
To apply please send your application form and CV to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 6 December 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed