Covering activity at The Point & The Berry Theatre and across Eastleigh Borough on a rota basis
Eastleigh Borough Council is an ambitious and progressive council. We are recognised for our innovation and achievements, and for delivering high quality services to our customers and the community.
The Point & The Berry Theatre are looking for experienced Technicians to work on a casual basis and join our ambitious technical team who are responsible for running technical services across its venues and activities.
This is an excellent opportunity for someone who has outstanding sector technical knowledge and expertise and would like to apply these to a diverse arts and theatre setting.
The ideal candidate will have lots of enthusiasm, great customer care and an eye for detail.
This role is required to work at The Point, Eastleigh and The Berry, Hedge End as well as occasional external festival locations across Eastleigh Borough.
As a casual you will be covering for absence on an ad-hoc basis and hours will vary as they involve a changing shift pattern to service our Theatre programmes and will require evening and weekend working.
OVERVIEW OF ROLE DUTIES
To assist the Technical Manager & Technical Supervisor in all aspects of the operations and technical functions of The Point and The Berry theatres and external activity and oversee the casual technicians. This role is required to work across 2 venues.
To be successful in this role you will have the following essential experience:
- Sound technical knowledge of the operation and maintenance of technical theatre equipment.
- Ability to follow strict health and safety procedures.
- Good communication and customer service skills
- Sound technical knowledge for all programmed events including theatre, cinema, conference and exhibitions.
- Coordinating staff
- Responsible for the sound, lighting and electrical equipment within the venues.
- Liaising with visiting companies (professional and community users) regarding their technical requirements, taking the lead in their absence as necessary.
- Building strong relationships with managers and team members promoting a supportive culture based on excellence, professionalism and consistent communication
The following is desirable experience
- Duty Technician experience with responsibility for all the equipment and security of buildings
At Eastleigh, we are committed to supporting and developing all our staff and creating a culture that is inclusive, innovative and enjoyable. We offer excellent opportunities for continuous professional development. We are an accredited member of the Living Wage Foundation, supporting our staff with a salary based on the cost of living.
If you are excited by this opportunity and feel you have the skills, experience and attitude we are looking for we would love to hear from you.
To apply, please send your application form and CV to email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 29 October 2021
Interview date: To be confirmed