Grants for disabled facilities

We can provide grants for adaptations to a home for resident's living with a disability. These can include:

  • Fitting ramps
  • Widening of doorways
  • Improving wheelchair access
  • Adapting bathroom and toilet facilities
  • Installing of stairlifts and through-floor lifts

We can only accept a request for grant following a referral from an Occupational Therapist detailing your needs. To request an Occupational Therapy assessment you need to contact Hampshire County Council Occupational Therapy Service on 0845 600 4555.

Once we have received a referral, we can either a full grant can be offered; a partial grant (with a contribution from you) or no grant can be offered. 

A full grant is only guaranteed where the client is a child or a young person still in full time education, or is an adult in receipt of certain benefits, otherwise you will be asked to provide more financial details.

If we are unable to offer a grant, and you are a homeowner, we may be able to help arrange other financial assistance.