Are you homeless or at risk of becoming homeless? We can help
Our priority is prevention
If you think you might become homeless in the future, tell us as soon as you can and we'll give you some advice straight away. Please don't wait until you lose the roof over your head before you come to us.
Our aim is to help prevent you becoming homeless and we can offer help, such as debt counselling, negotiations with landlords and advice on alternative accommodation. Please contact us as soon as your landlord, bank or building society threatens repossession action.
There are a number of housing and household related financial support available that can help prevent homelessness. You can also contact Citizens Advice Eastleigh to discuss your options.
I am homeless and looking for help
If you become homeless and need housing assistance in an emergency, please contact our freephone telephone line during office opening hours (8.30am to 5pm) to speak to a member of the Housing team.
Freephone 0800 032 0540
What do we mean by homeless?
You're homeless if you don't have a home that you can legally occupy. You may also be homeless if you have a home, but can't live there because you've been evicted illegally or it is unreasonable for you to stay - for example, due to domestic violence or threats of violence against you or a member of your family. You could be ‘sofa surfing’ and getting temporary accommodation at a friends or family member’s house or are rough sleeping outside.
Specific areas of information in relation to homelessness
What happens if I self-refer or have been alerted to the Housing team?
The Housing team may be the first port of call and who manage the process, but there’s a much wider network of organisations who form the help available:
- Recorded: A council Case Management Officer will be allocated to your case
- Contact made/attempted: This Officer will either contact you or request Two Saints (the Outreach Team) to make contact.
- Homelessness assessment completed: The Officer will complete a homelessness assessment to establish eligibility for assistance - what caused you to become homeless and if you are in priority need. An offer of emergency accommodation will be made if criteria under the Homelessness Legislation is met. If you are not homeless or threatened with homelessness in 56 days, you will be provided with advice and signposted to appropriate partners.
- The 56-day Prevention Duty or Relief Duty begins: depending on the person(s) circumstances, the Case Management Officer will confirm the homelessness duty that is owed:
- A Personal Housing Plan will be created and followed together
- Referrals to partner agencies, depending on specific needs
- Needs assessment will be completed
- Suitable accommodation options will be identified
- Assistance to secure a tenancy e.g. with Tenancy Start Up Loan or Discretionary Housing Payment options
- Outcome: If you are eligible, homeless and in priority need we would provide suitable accommodation, otherwise we will provide you with information and details of our appropriate partners who may be able to help
We can't help everybody
If you lose your home because of anti-social behaviour, or because you knowingly broke the rules, such as not paying your rent or mortgage, you may be considered to be intentionally homeless. In such a situation, if we cannot prevent the loss of your home, but we will offer you advice about other housing options.
If you would like to discuss any aspect of your housing situation or you may be threatened with homelessness, please contact us on 023 8068 8165 (please use the freephone number above if you need to use a public phone or are out of credit).
There is a drop in and advice service by Two Saints found at 109a Leigh Road offices, Eastleigh SO50 9DR, Monday to Friday, 9am to 5pm.
If you become homeless outside of office opening hours and need assistance you can contact our out-of-hours service on 023 8068 8000, or email email@example.com - please include a daytime telephone number and any relevant information regarding your current circumstances for us to understand your situation.