Page last updated at 12 June 2017 at 12:53
Peace of mind for private landlords
Being a private landlord isn't a worry-free existence. There is always the risk of rent arrears, court costs, properties being damaged and rent being lost between lettings.
Eastleigh Borough Council supports the schemes from First Wessex and Real Lettings that aim to take the worry and risk out of being a landlord. Both organisations are locally based.
This is how it works:
- First Wessex or Real Lettings become your tenant - as a housing association it will pay you promptly and the income will be guaranteed
- First Wessex can also carry out any routine repairs for you at a competitive rate and to a high standard
- They will let the property to a local family in need of housing and will collect the rent and deal with any management issues if they arise
- At the end of the tenancy the home will be redecorated and returned to you in the same condition as let
- They will levy a management fee but this will bear the risk of any rent arrears and empty periods
If this sounds like the scheme for you they would like to hear from you.
For more details of the schemes and contact information please contact Vivid or Real Lettings.