Itchen Valley Country Park has two permanent BBQ's available for hire
Please note - due to government guidelines on gatherings of over six people, we are not taking any bookings at this time
Our barbecue pitches are available to hire between 1 April and 31 October.
Each barbecue pitch is suitable for parties of up to 60 people. Larger parties will need to book both pitches. Disposable and portable barbecues are not permitted at Itchen Valley Country Park as they present a fire and litter risk.
Barbecue hire costs:
Barbecue hire include a free parking permit for the person making the booking and a 5kg bag of charcoal for a single booking (two bags for a double booking). More can be purchased from the Information Desk.
60 people or fewer:
Monday to Thursday: £48
Friday to Sunday: £64
More than 60 people (double barbecue booking):
Monday to Thursday: £77
Friday to Sunday: £90
BBQ session times:
11am - 3pm, all year round
4pm - 8pm, 1 April to 30 September only
The gates will be locked at 8.30pm so evening users vacate the park by this time.
- Full hire charge is payable on booking and additional charges will apply if hire overruns or extra cleaning is necessary
- Firelighters and matches are not provided or available here
- Bags of rubbish may be placed in the Eurobins next to the Woodland Café (please bring your own rubbish bags)
- There should be no burning of Chinese lanterns, candles or incense
- Amplified music, lights, marquees and bouncy castles are not allowed (small gazebos are permitted)
- The gates to the Country Park are locked by a security guard at:
- 8:30 pm from 1st April to 30th September
- 6:30 pm from 1st October to 31st March
- Cancellation of a booking will incur the following charges:
- More than 14 days’ notice: no charge
- 7-14 days’ notice: 50% hire charge
- Less than 7 days’ notice: 100% of the Hire Charge
- Bookings are non-transferable unless it is raining on the day when it may be transferred to another available date if agreed with staff prior to booking date