Sources of advice for residents and businesses
The government has produced information on a range of Brexit-related topics, including applying for settled status for EU citizens living in the Borough, business preparation,travelling and driving abroad, passport validity, health insurance and advice.
The .Gov webspace also provides updates on the Article 50 process, progress in negotiations and announcements about policy changes as a result of EU Exit. Online Brexit-related updates are available on a range of topics, travelling and driving abroad, passport validity and health insurance.
The Prepare for EU Exit area covers areas including transport, work, education and training and the environment.
You can sign up for alerts if you're an EU Citizen living in the UK
The following links should prove helpful
- General advice on preparing for EU exit
- What to do if you are an EU citizen living in the UK and want settled status
- Passport rules for travel post-Brexit
- Driving in the EU
- EU immigration after free movement ends if there's no deal
- Moving to the UK after Brexit: EU citizens and their families
- Right to work checks on EU citizens if the UK leaves the EU without a deal
- Right to rent checks for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens after Brexit
- Benefits and pensions for EU, EEA and Swiss citizens in the UK if there's a no-deal Brexit
Advice for Businesses
Applying for Settled Status
Southampton Registry Office is the agency for applying for Settled Status in the Eastleigh Borough area. Find out more and apply