EIR frequently requested information & useful links

We often receive Requests for Information under the Environmental Information Regulations where the query is of the same thematic nature of a previous request.  A great deal of information is already publicly available on our website. In addition, this page contains links to information about current, local or national 'hot' topics or information asked for on a regular basis.

 Frequently requested information:

Contaminated Land Register

In accordance with Section 78R of the Environmental Protection Act 1990, the Council is required to keep a public register, which acts as a permanent record of all regulatory action undertaken in relation to the remediation of any site which has been determined as ‘statutory’ contaminated land.

The register is not intended to be a list of sites that are, have been, or may contain contamination. The register includes a record of regulatory action taken by the council in relation to remediation work required, and by those responsible for the contamination in relation to work undertaken to deal with contamination impacts. Therefore, sites which have been determined as contaminated land but where no consequent action has yet been taken will not appear on the register.

Currently, there are no entries on the register


Air Quality advice:

Drainage information:

All drainage associated with the public highway is the responsibility of the Highway Authority, Hampshire County Council. You can contact the Hampshire Highways Unit by calling 0300 555 1388.

Other useful links:

Food Hygiene Ratings
The information provided on businesses is held on behalf of local authorities participating in the national Food Hygiene Rating Scheme in England, Northern Ireland and Wales or the Food Hygiene Information Scheme in Scotland. You can only search areas running either of these schemes.

Waste Data Flow is the web based system for municipal waste data reporting by UK local authorities to government where members of the public can register to access published data.

DEFRA (Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs)  is the government department responsible for environmental protection, food production and standards, agriculture, fisheries and rural communities in the United Kingdom of Great Britain and Northern Ireland.

The Environment Agency (EA) is a non-departmental public body, established in 1995 and sponsored by the United Kingdom government's Department for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs (DEFRA), with responsibilities relating to the protection and enhancement of the environment in England (and until 2013 also Wales).