Review of polling districts, polling places and polling stations 2019
In accordance with the Electoral Registration and Administration Act 2013, Eastleigh Borough Council is required to complete a full review of all polling districts and polling places every five years. However this does not prevent changes being made at any time prior to the next review.
- Notice of Review
- Existing polling station electorate
- Interactive map - to view polling stations and polling districts select 'Choose Map Layers' from the main menu, followed by 'Election Information'.
- Equality Impact Assessment
- Background information and Acting Returning Officer's (ARO's)recommendations
- ARO's Recommendations P2
The aim of the review is to ensure that:
- electors in the constituency have reasonable facilities for voting as are practicable in the circumstances;
- as far as reasonable and practicable, the polling places are accessible to all electors, including those who are disabled, and when considering the designation of a polling place, must have regard to the accessibility needs of disabled persons.
The following is not considered as part of the review:
- the changing of any district ward boundaries (which can only be done by statute following an electoral review carried out by the Local Government Boundary Commission). This review is concerned only with the administrative subdivision of a ward into polling districts which are then assigned polling places;
- the changing of polling districts in areas which are also aligned with parish boundaries and therefore cannot be amended during this review (these can only be amended during a Community Governance Review).
Polling district - A 'polling district' is a geographical subdivision of an electoral area such as a county division or a district ward within which a polling place is designated.
Polling place - A 'polling place' is an area or building in which a polling station is usually located and can be a complete polling district.
Polling station - the actual area where the process of voting takes place, e.g. a room in a community centre or school.
How to comment
The 2019 review will run from Friday 12 July until midday on Friday 6 September and we are asking for comments on the suitability of the polling station you used the last time you voted in person at an election. Were you happy with it? Can you suggest something better?
You can comment by either emailing email@example.com or writing to the Electoral Registration Office, Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9YN.
As part of the review all correspondence sent and received will be published, along with details of the results of the review including any issues raised and any changes which are approved and giving the reasons for the decisions. The results of this review may change where you vote at further elections.
On completion of the review a revised Register of Electors will be published to reflect any changes made which will coincide with the annual publication of the register on 1 December to avoid any additional expense being incurred.