Discounts, reductions and exemptions
Are you entitled to a Council Tax discount or reduction, or are you exempt?
You may be entitled to a discount or be disregarded for Council Tax. If you are disregarded then it means that we do not count you when we work out the number of people living at your property.
Discount, reductions and exemptions include:
- Single person's discount
- Second homes and empty properties
- Property empty for over 2 years, including unfurnished second homes
- Furnished second homes or a furnished, unoccupied property
- Second homes or properties that are being refurbished
- Discretionary Reduction in Liability Policy