£150 Council Tax energy bills rebate

Information about the utility energy rebate and how you will receive your payment

As part of the government’s initiative to help households with rising energy costs, a £150 Energy Bills Rebate has been announced for certain households. Most households in Council Tax bands A-D are included.

Please be aware that we will NEVER cold call you to request your bank details 

Who can get the £150 rebate?

Most householders in Council Tax band A to D properties will qualify for this rebate.

You are entitled to the rebate if:

  • your property is in a Council Tax band A to D (or if you are in a band E property and you receive a disabled band reduction)
  • you are liable to pay Council Tax
  • your property is occupied as someone's sole or main residence

You are not entitled to this rebate if:

  • your property is a holiday home or second home
  • your property is not someone's sole or main residence on 1 April 2022
  • your property is in a Council Tax band E to H (unless band E and a disabled band reduction is applicable)

Please note there will only be one payment per household.

Check your Council Tax band

How will I receive payment? 

We have now issued all our payments. Any remaining cheques should be received by customers by 13 June.

I've received a cheque I'm unable to cash 

You will need to return the cheque with a covering note explaining why you are unable to cash the cheque, and evidence to support a name change if applicable (photocopies or good quality photos of the full documents are acceptable) 

Please return by hand or post to Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh, SO50 9YN or by email revbens@eastleigh.gov.uk 

Does this mean I don’t have to pay my Council Tax bill?

No – you must continue to pay your Council Tax bill as per the amounts and dates shown on your bill. If you are struggling to pay, please contact us.

I’m not in a band A to D, but I still need help

There will be some further funding available to help households who do not qualify under the main scheme.

We will be implementing a Discretionary Scheme later this year. Once we have more information about this, we will publish details on this page.

Other local support available: 

The Government cost of living support