Discretionary Housing Payment (DHPs)

Applying for additional support

If you receive Housing Benefit or Universal Credit, including Housing Costs,  and it does not meet the full amount of your rent, you can apply for Discretionary Housing Payments.

To apply you will need to give a full breakdown of all income and expenditure and provide bank statements before we'll consider it.

Application form for Discretionary Housing Payments

Discretionary Housing Payments may be given for a limited period the decision whether to give any additional payments is solely at our discretion - the appeal rights for Housing Benefit don’t apply.

Discretionary Housing Payment Scheme (DHP) - Policy Statement 

A guide to local and national resources for people in financial hardship in the Eastleigh area can be found here:

Help for people in financial hardship