Making a claim

Find out if you are entitled to help with your Council Tax

You could get Council Tax Support to help you pay your Council Tax if you are on a low income. Council Tax Support can pay for part or all of your Council Tax. How much you are entitled to depends on your income and circumstances.   

Eastleigh Council Tax Support policy 


If you are housebound, a Visiting Officer is available to help you complete the form at your home. You can also contact us to arrange an appointment in the offices where a member of staff will help you complete the form.

Please remember that any delay in claiming will mean that you may lose out on support to which you may have been entitled.

What happens when you make a claim?
You will be required to complete an online application form and provide original documents to support your claim as asked for on the application form. If you do not, your claim may be delayed and we may not be able to pay you support. When we have checked your claim and verified all your details we will assess your claim and write to you with a decision.

If you have not heard from us within 21 days of making your claim you should contact the office immediately to check we have received your claim and that we are not waiting for any other information.