Council Tax Support Appeals

Page last updated at 14 April 2016 at 14:05

If you do not agree with a decision about the Council Tax Support awarded you can ask for the decision to be looked at again.  This request should be made in writing giving the date of the decision that you would like us to look at again and why you disagree with that decision.  The request must be signed by the customer and sent to the Revenue and Benefits unit at the Council within 21 days of the decision.

When we have checked the Council Tax Support award we will write to you to advise of our decision, if you are not satisfied with the outcome or you have not received a response you will then need to make an appeal to the Valuation Tribunal this should be done within two months from the date of the Councils final decision using the following link Valuation TribunalThe Valuation Tribunal web page also contains further information concerning the Council Tax Reduction appeals process.