From Tuesday 23 February (Mon-Sat, 8-4) we are operating rapid community testing for eligible residents at The Point in Eastleigh. If you are unable to work from home, and are classed as a critical worker, you are able to book an asymptomatic Covid-19 test. Bookings are open from Monday 22 February.
You must be:
- Over 16 years of age
- Not displaying symptoms of Covid-19
Who can be tested?
People who live or work in the Borough and cannot work from home, suggested list below
- Care home staff who cannot access testing at work
- Children’s social workers and associated staff
- Communal living establishments e.g. hostels, YMCA etc
- Construction workers, trades and delivery drivers
- Education or childcare settings not covered by existing schools testing e.g. early years and nursery workers, children homes, childminders, school nurses, specialist teachers and service staff (including catering and transport staff not employed directly by a school), volunteers who support these services
- Emergency workers (police, fire, prison)
- Essential manufacturing and distribution
- Essential retail – including click and collect venues
- Health visitors
- Home care workers
- Informal carers and support workers
- Medium sized local businesses (generally businesses between 50 and 250 staff) unable to practically access testing
- Opticians and optician staff
- Postal workers
- Public sector workers unable to work from home
- Road transport drivers and other drivers and transport operatives e.g. public transport, taxi firms, couriers, community transport etc
- Religious staff
- Road maintenance
- Security and grounds persons
- Small or local businesses (generally less than 50 staff), sole traders or self-employed citizens
- Social care workers
- Supported living workers
- Undertakers, mortuary, and crematorium assistants
- Utility workers e.g. telephone, power, and water etc
- Vets and veterinary staff
- Waste management e.g. refuse and salvage occupations, street cleaners.
The testing centre is open Monday to Saturday from 8am - 4pm
Please note - the booking link will take you to Hampshire County Council's booking system.
Unfortunately, children are not allowed to accompany adults into the testing centre, so please arrange for your child to have someone to supervise them during your appointment.
By booking an appointment, attending and providing a sample for COVID-19 testing, you confirm that:
- you are aged 16 years or over and do not currently have any symptoms of COVID-19
- you understand this test is voluntary
- you understand you are required by law to self-isolate for ten days if you test positive for COVID-19
- you understand the purpose of the test is to identify people who have COVID-19 but who have no symptoms, so they can isolate to avoid infecting others
- you understand that a negative result does not guarantee that you do not have COVID-19 that you are not infectious. You must comply with all current COVID-19 regulations
Who cannot be tested here?
While the country is in lockdown, everyone should be following the guidance to stay at home - only leaving the home for essential journeys. People not permitted to attend the testing sites are:
- Anyone with COVID-19 symptoms, instead you should book a test here
- Anyone that can work from home
- Anyone currently isolating with COVID-19
- Borough residents who should be staying at home or shielding
There are 11 more centres across the County, more information can be found on Hampshire County Council's website
What can I expect?
- Full safety measures are in place including social distancing measures and sanitising stations throughout
- It is recommended that you do not eat or drink for 30 minutes before your test
- the appointment should take no longer than 30 minutes in total
- You will take a lateral flow device test that you administer yourself, taking a swab of your nose and throat, under the guidance of our trained staff
- Results will be confirmed after leaving the testing site by text message sent direct to your mobile (or to a nominated mobile phone belonging to a family member or friend, if you do not have your own)
- You will be able to book two tests per week between three and five days after your first test throughout the six-week programme