Grants and discounts
Information on energy saving grants and discounts
Hitting the Cold Spots
Help for people struggling to keep their homes warm.
As the weather turns colder some vulnerable individuals and families will struggle to keep their homes warm. Cold weather not only makes life uncomfortable but can lead to serious health problems in the very young, vulnerable and elderly, such as respiratory diseases, asthma, depression, heart disease or stroke.
The Hampshire based team at Hitting the Cold Spots will offer advice on the grants available and ways to reduce your energy bills while keeping your home warm and healthy. Call 0800 804 8601 for more information or email firstname.lastname@example.org
Keeping your home warm and your family healthy can be expensive and sometimes difficult. Hitting the Cold Spots Advisors are here to help you keep warm at home and reduce your energy bills.
How Hitting the Cold Spots can help*
- Home visits from Advisors offering advice and practical support.
- Help to access funding, where available, for boiler repairs and replacements. Delivered through trusted ‘Buy With Confidence’ contractors.
- Support with temporary electric heaters if you are without heating.
- Eligibility check for the Warm Home Discount and local energy efficiency schemes.
- Assistance to switch your energy provider or tariff to help you save money on your fuel bills.
- Signposting and referrals for you to other organisations, such as: benefits and debt advice, home safety visits and healthy living services.
*Some of the above services are subject to availability and conditions apply.
Many residents have taken advantage of the help and advice offered by the Hitting the Cold Spots team and you can read some of their stories.
Eastleigh Borough Council Community Buildings Grant
Places where people can gather are vital to communities. We want to support community groups to make their buildings more energy efficient costing less to run.
We will consider supporting any community project that results in a carbon reduction. In the past we have funded or match funded the installation of renewable heating systems, insulation and LED lighting.
Please download an application form (Word) and return it to us for consideration.
Help to Heat
If you are currently not connected to mains gas but your property is located in the SGN operating area, you are in receipt of certain benefits and you have above average energy bills, then you may be eligible for a free or discounted gas connection through the SGN Help to Heat scheme.
Visit Help to Heat or ring 0800 183 0025