PLEASE NOTE: Due to COVID-19 our MOT Service has been suspended until further notice.
Due to the unfolding COVID-19 situation, cars and vans and motorcycles due their MOT from 30 March 2020 will have their MOT extended by six months. This will continue until confirmed otherwise.
This will allow vehicle owners to continue to be able to get to work where this absolutely cannot be done from home or do essential shopping.
Vehicles must be kept in a roadworthy condition and drivers can be prosecuted if they drive an unsafe vehicle.
Guidance for the public:
Do you need a reliable, comprehensive and completely independent, Driver & Vehicle Standards Agency (DVSA) approved MOT service for your business vehicles or small fleet (4-6 vehicles)?
Eastleigh Borough Council’s team of professional mechanics, based at our Hedge End Depot, carry out MOT testing services on:
- light vans
- Class IV , V or
- large panel vans between 3,000kg and 3,500kg (class VII)
- taxis – private hire and taxi compliance testing carried out
What our customers say:
“If you want a truly independent MOT test, then this is the place to go."
"Honest reliable MOT. No frills, just good old fashion service with a smile."
Choose Eastleigh Borough MOT Services because:
- Our experienced team tests around 2,000 vehicles every year
- We don’t offer a repairs service - if your vehicle fails we’ll only advise you on what work is needed to get it through a subsequent test
- We do offer a free re-test if a vehicle is brought back within ten days
- We’re a not-for-profit business – the money you pay goes back into local services
- We’re easy to find – just half-a-mile from Junction 7 of the M27:
Vehicle Workshop Costs
MOT Class IV - eg. cars & goods vehicles to 3,000kg - £54.00
MOT CLASS V - Private pass. vehicles 13-16 seats - £59.55
MOT CLASS VII - eg. goods vehicles to 3500kg - £58.60
Car Inspections - Taxis/Private Hire - £49.00
Car Loan Inspections - (To book ring 023 8068 8389) - £82.00
Motor Homes up to 4m wheelbase and 4 tonnes - £54.00
Monday to Thursday : 07:45, 08:45, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:30, 14:30
Friday only: 07:45, 08:45, 10:00, 11:00, 12:00, 13:30
How to find us
Eastleigh Borough Council Hedge End Depot, Botley Road, Hedge End, Southampton SO30 2RA.