Private hire vehicle licences
Information on applying for a private hire vehicle licence
If you are going to use a private car for Private Hire Vehicle ALL those who drive the vehicle must be licensed by us to drive a private hire vehicle.
The vehicle cannot be driven by any person not licensed to do so even if it is not being used as a private hire vehicle at the time. This is a prosecutable offence.
Before a private hire vehicle licence is granted, renewed, or transferred, you must complete and submit an application.
The application form must be completed and signed by the applicant and submitted to our Licensing Team at:
Eastleigh Borough Council, Hedge End Depot, Botley Road, Hedge End Southampton SO30 2RA
You will need to produce the following for examination at the time of the interview :
- Vehicle registration document or bill of sale (Log Book to be produced when in possession)
- Current vehicle insurance certificate showing cover for "public hire and reward" with named driver on the certificate
- Current vehicle inspection certificate completed by our Hedge End depot Current vehicle MOT test certificate
- Photographs of the vehicle (to show clearly an all round view of the vehicle with the sign "No Booking - No Ride"clearly visible)
- Pay the appropriate fee - Current Fees and Charges
NOTE: Applicants should allow at least 10 -14 working days for us to process an application.