House in multiple occupation licence

Information on applying for, or changing a license for a house in multiple occupation

If you rent out a property for house in multiple occupancy (HMO) in our Borough you may require a licence from us.

Licences may be granted if:

  • the house is or can be made suitable for multiple occupation
  • the applicant is fit the most appropriate person to hold the licence
  • the proposed manager has control of the house, and is fit and proper to be the manager
  • the management arrangements are satisfactory.