Training - Driver Assessments, Safeguarding Training & Btec in Road Passenger Transport Driving
Details on the training required along with authorised providers
The assessment consists of a driving licence and eyesight check followed by a 45 minute driving assessment across a variety of road types including a motorway. Each candidate will be asked to perform reversing manoeuvres and possibly an emergency stop. A high level of driving competence is required. To pass you must have no serious or dangerous driving faults and no more than 9 driving faults.
Once you successfully pass the assessment, you will be issued with your assessment score sheet to provide to the licensing team.
To book an assessment with one of the approved assessors, please send an email requesting a driving assessment, and they will arrange a date and time with you.
On the assessment day, you will be required to produce your driving licence, a current MOT certificate & a valid insurance certificate for the vehicle being used for the assessment. The vehicle may have manual or automatic transmission.
Approved providers are as follows -
- Emma Pearce. email - firstname.lastname@example.org, telephone: 07814 363 819
- Nancy Parker. email - email@example.com, telephone: 07738 068 551
The fee for this test is £68.00 paid direct to the assessor.
- The Blue Lamp Trust - TaxiAssesments | THE BLUE LAMP TRUST , telephone 0333 700 0157
The fee for this test is £87.00 paid direct to the provider.
Please Note that the course taken must be with the Eastleigh Borough Council approved provider to ensure the training is provided to you free of charge. This is carried out online in a virtual classroom using Zoom or similar video conferencing facilities and lasts around 2 hours 45 minutes.
Note that eLearning courses are not acceptable.
The course aims to provide Hackney Carriage and Private Hire drivers with a knowledge and understanding of Safeguarding, their responsibilities and best practice protocols. The candidate will be able to:
- Understand what is meant by the term ‘safeguarding’
- Identify adults at risk and other vulnerable people
- Understand what is meant by Child Sexual and Criminal Exploitation, Human Trafficking, Modern Slavery and Domestic Abuse.
- Recognise types of abuse, associated signs and indicators.
- Identify suspicious activities.
- Know how, and the whom, they can report concerns.
- Understand their safeguarding responsibilities and best practice protocols.
Approved safeguarding training provider -
The Blue Lamp Trust
To book Training: https://www.bluelamptrust.org.uk/safeguarding-classroom/
Phone: 0300 777 0157
Eastleigh Borough Council has made the decision Safeguarding Training will be provided to all its licensed drivers free of charge. New applicants and current drivers are required to pay the £25.00 fee when booking the training with Blue Lamp. At the point of grant of a new licence or when a current driver submits their renewal paperwork, the £25.00 safeguarding training fee will be deducted from our licence fee. The certificate must be supplied to the licensing team to enable us to make the deduction from the licence fee.
Training with any other provider will not be paid for by Eastleigh Borough Council.
Providers of Btec training in Road Passenger Transport Driving
BFLUENT SCHOOL OF ENGLISH
023 8067 8500
01590 625 555
N-GAGED TRAINING & RECRUITMENT
08000 433 623
07368 468 596
- Eastleigh House, Upper Market Street, Eastleigh SO50 9YN
- Telephone: 023 8254 5376
- Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Members of the licensing team are normally available at Eastleigh House on Monday, Wednesday & Friday from 09:00 to 14:00. The team are available Monday to Friday 09:00 to 16:00 via telephone or email. To submit any applications an appointment must be made before attending the office.