Wednesday 27 June, 4pm-7pm
The Point, Leigh Road, Eastleigh S050 9DE
Eastleigh has already been voted a business-friendly location, and this event will highlight what the Council and its partners are doing to make the Borough a healthier and greener home for your company and your people.
Our Business Conference at The Point Eastleigh – which is growing in popularity as a venue for business events – brings together senior representatives from some of the Borough’s big brands, as well as up-and-coming companies, who will share their knowledge and best practice. This will be complemented by the expertise of Council specialists across a range of areas, including business rates, planning and environmental health.
- Learn how we are building a green, healthy and prosperous borough
- Hear from other local companies about best practice in promoting sustainability and health and well-being among their employees
- Discuss issues that are important to your business with our team of specialists
- Find out about Eastleigh Borough’s Local Plan – and what it means for you
- Network with colleagues
3:30pm - Arrival, registration and refreshments
4:00pm - Welcome by Natalie Wigman, Corporate Director - Strategy
Business Support from Eastleigh Borough Council
The Local Plan – what it means for you
4:30pm - Panel: Green Borough – examples of good practice from local
(Panels and Q&A moderated by Lee Peck of Lee Peck Media)
- Richard Tyldsley, General Manager of bus operators, Blue Star, Southern Vectis and Unilink; they are all part of the Go-Ahead Group, which tops the rankings for electric vehicle fleet management and is the first transport group to be awarded Carbon Trust Standard triple accreditation;
- Daniel Kitchen, Centre Manager at the Swan Centre, Eastleigh, who will talk about their sustainability initiatives and success in the national Green Apple Awards, and
- Samuel Underwood, Southern Water’s Stakeholder Engagement Manager (Hampshire and Isle of Wight).
5:00pm - Q&A
5:15pm - Break
5:30pm - Panel: Healthy Borough – examples of good practice from local
- Alex Ryding, Environmental, Health and Safety Manager UK, Coopervision;
- Lynne Miller, Director of HR & Development, Ageas Retail Ltd, and
- Fiona Moir, co-founder of Go Physio.
6:00pm - Q&A
6:15pm - Professor Don Spalinger - Solent Silicon Valley Revisited
6:20pm - Launch of Eastleigh Business Health and Environmental Awards - kindly Sponsored by Taylor Wimpey
Councillor Derek Pretty – Cabinet Member for Economy
6:30pm - Networking drinks
(*outline programme, may be subject to change)