Making a claim for Housing Benefit

Find out if you are entitled to help with paying your rent

You could get Housing Benefit to help you pay your rent if you are on a low income.  How much you get depends on your income and circumstances and the amount you get could pay for all or part of your rent.

Most Eastleigh residents who are of working age will need to claim Universal Credit to help pay their rent. 

Please remember that any delay in claiming will mean that you will lose out on benefit.

Making a claim
You will need to complete an online application form and provide the original documents asked for on the form. If you do not, your claim may be delayed and we may not be able to pay you benefit.

When your claim has been assessed and all your details verified, we will write to you with a decision. If you have not heard from us within 21 days of making your claim, please contact us immediately to check we have received it and that we are not waiting for any other information.

If you are housebound, one of our officers can help you complete the form at your home. If you are having difficulty completing the online form please contact us on 023 8068 8046.

If you are self-employed and do not have up-to-date accounts for your self-employed business, please complete a Self Employed Earnings Information form

Council Tax data protection and fair processing

Your personal information will be held and used in accordance with the requirements of the General Data Protection Regulations 2018. More details