Page last updated at 13:32 GMT, Tuesday, October 2 2012
know? There are 70,000 official LOCOG volunteers who
were selected from 240,000 applicants!
However the action doesn't stop at London in 2012. There are
plenty of volunteering opportunities right here in Eastleigh and on
the south coast for you to get involved in!
The benefits associated with volunteering are multi faceted
and numerous, but overall volunteering largely;
- Improves your CV!
- Enhances your life experience
- Improves one's employment prospects
- Helps you get to know the local community
- May lead to you gaining an accreditation / certification
or certification for your efforts
- Occupies your time whilst out of work or seeking work -
which demonstrates to potential employers that you aren't
- Enables you to meet new people and make new friends
- Helps you gain confidence and self-esteem through new
challenges and meeting new people
- Assists you in gaining new skills, knowledge and
experience as well as developing existing skills and
How can I volunteer?
There are plenty of local volunteering schemes for you to get
involved in! Click on the links below to see what
opportunities are out there!
Back to top