Page last updated at 17:43 GMT, Thursday, August 29 2013
Eastleigh Borough Council is committed to promoting the importance
of Play in children's lives. It has a Play Strategy which outlines
it's vision for the future of childrens play within the borough
over the next 10 years.
'Play is an essential part of every child's life and vital to the
processes of human development'
Safe places to play near home, safe streets,
parks, playgrounds and play areas
- Lots of opportunities to play with friends, parents and other
- Good quality local play services, after school clubs, holiday
play schemes, adventure playgrounds, playgroups, toy libraries and
- Supervised play activities in schools, hospitals, clinics and
- Well trained playworkers.
Hampshire Play Network
Eastleigh is a member of the Hampshire Play Network which is an
independent organisation which acts as a regional focus for all
issues relating to supervised play for children from four to
fourteen years old and children with additional needs up to
nineteen years old.
Its aims and objectives are to:
Back to top
- Provide a support network for play projects and represent their
- Raise awareness of the importance and value of children's
- Work in partnership to ensure a common understanding of good